President, Critical Infrastructure, Americas
BMT Group Ltd is a leading global, multi-disciplinary engineering, science and technology consultancy offering a broad range of services, particularly in the defence, shipping, environment and critical infrastructure sectors. As part of a period of rapid transformation under a new CEO, we have this rare and exciting opportunity for an experienced, strategic professional to drive business growth in BMT's Critical Infrastructure activities in the Americas, from Canada to Brazil.
The President will lead the Operating Units and report to the Managing Director, Critical Infrastructure.
- Formulation, initiation and implementation of the direction, business strategy and policies aimed at business growth, expansion and profitability
- Delivering and achieving of defined corporate and business objectives and targets through the efficient and effective use of resources, through personal leadership, guidance and motivation of Directors and senior staff, and seeking continuous improvement and innovation
- Ensuring short, medium and long-term business planning is undertaken in accordance with the guidelines of the global, Critical Infrastructure Partnership and BMT Group
- Ensuring financial stability and profitability. Determining, in association with the Partnership Managing Director any interventions to be taken and ensuring these actions are carried out
- Ensuring the services provided are consistent and are fit for purpose in meeting key customer/client requirements. Developing and promoting capabilities with recognition of market forces, prospects and opportunities
- Maintaining corporate image and introducing the outcomes of the current, programme of change
- Ensuring adherence to standards, quality, corporate and financial governance, as laid out in BMT’s Operating Policies and Procedures
- Maintaining integrity, accountability, transparency and quality in governance, performance and reporting of business activities, ensuring timely and efficient performance of delegated tasks and responsibilities
- Promoting the health and safety, welfare, security, motivation, development and performance of employees
- Ensuring adherence to information security best practice; physical media and IT systems
- Engendering an employee participation environment for the creation of ideas that will contribute to and enhance growth, competitiveness and market standing
- Mentoring and providing guidance to direct reports, and engendering an environment of employee engagement in innovation to enhance the growth, competitiveness and standing of the company. Working with the Partnership Director and BMT’s HR Director to carry out own continuing professional development, and the development of senior employees
- Establishing training initiatives for the career development of employees and succession planning where appropriate
- Building a competent management support structure throughout the business that meets the needs of today and plans for the future
You will have a demonstrable track record in one of the current business areas and have achieved success through leading and developing high performing teams across multiple business lines.
- Builds engagement in common and focussed goals, both commercially and culturally and empowers others to do the same
- Is the architect of high performing senior and junior management teams, ensuring good communication flow through the businesses
- Acts fairly and consistently in all dealings with employees
- Brings out strengths in others in the Senior Management Team and throughout the operating units under his/her supervision
- Acts as a role model to others
- Inspires and motivates the wider team for high performance, provides direction and a framework in which people can succeed
- Grasps complex situations, formulates effective strategies and exercises sound judgement in their implementation
- Identifies opportunities for growth and manages risk and mitigates against business failure
- Self-aware and emotionally intelligent and able to adjust communication to suit the audience, situation and purpose
- Communicates in a proactive, professional, clear and constructive manner to engage, influence and motivate staff and clients alike
- Builds and maintains the capability to innovate, to secure the business operations’ long-term future
- Creates a strategy to achieve innovation goals which includes developing innovative partnerships that span the entire business undertaking
- Fosters and maintains strong professional working relationships with key stakeholders to understand and meet their needs and manage their expectations
- Drives improvement
- Demonstrates resilience and a forward-thinking outlook
- Has a good understanding of the markets in which the business units operate
- Has high-impact relationships with key industry decision makers in at least one area of the business; with the ability to envision and advocate mutually beneficial long-term partnerships.
- Demonstrates understanding, alignment and commitment to ethical values, standards and obligations
- Demonstrates ability to manage the overall performance of a business (revenue and profit targets, resource management, safety, quality, etc.)
For a full job description please contact Julie Bramsdon, HR Business Partner at BMT Group Ltd. email@example.com.
To apply, applicants are requested to email their CVs, with a brief covering letter outlining why they believe they are suitable for this position, to Julie Bramsdon, HR Business Partner, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for this vacancy is the 31st July 2018.
For further information on BMT Scientific Marine Services, please visit their website: www.scimar.com
Who to contact / How to apply:
To apply please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com