HR Business Partner (One year Fixed-Term)
Located at our offices in Teddington, UK, we now have a vacancy for a highly organised, adaptable HR Business Partner on a one year fixed-term basis.
BMT is a leading global, engineering consultancy that operates in 10 markets working primarily in the maritime industry. Our customers buy cost-effective solutions to business problems that require technical excellence, independent thinking and innovation.
Structured as an Employee Benefit Trust, we employ over 1,500 staff worldwide; located in Europe, Asia Pacific and the America. Our combination of intellectual rigour, independence of thought and commercial insight helps us to play a vital role in industries as diverse as oil and gas, defence, renewable energy, ports, risk management, environmental studies and maritime transport.
The post holder will be tasked with providing a timely and proactive HR service to the business and it's operating units including; recruitment, appraisal, employment contract management, performance management, benefits and reward, induction, provision of learning & development and exit interviews. The post role holder will also be responsible for aligning the company’s HR strategy to key business objectives whilst building effective working relationships with the key stakeholders.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Provide proactive advice on HR matters that enable the business to achieve its objectives
- Advise, and where necessary, coach managers on the performance management of their team members
- Maintain an updated people and performance system which is informative, legally compliant and which provides useful information for staff at all levels
- Ensure the staff performance management procedures serve the needs of the business whilst developing its people
- Prepare clear and concise people and performance metrics and reports that provide useful information to the business
- Develop and implement a range of people process improvement projects and initiatives – as required
- Advise on all aspects of employee relations
- Ensuring documentation, systems and processes are compliant with UK employment legislation
- Recruitment; including sourcing candidates, liaising with external approved agencies, interviewing and working with managers to appoint the best candidate according to team and business needs, and co-ordinating the request and evaluation of references.
- Assist managers to effectively structure their teams and roles to successfully deliver on business outcomes
- Implement and maintain a talent management programme that incorporates succession planning
- Support the development for all managers and staff within the business
- Work closely with finance and payroll teams to ensure efficient sharing of information and processes
- Become established as a source of informative and proactive people and performance support to all managers and employees within the business
Your work will be challenging and will require responsive and pragmatic thinking, as well as the ability to adapt in a fast-paced environment To be successful, applicants will have some or all of the following skills and experience:
- A degree level qualification in Human Resources or other relevant field and chartered membership of the CIPD (or be working towards it)
- Experience in an HR generalist/HR management capacity
- Solid understanding of UK employment law
- Knowledge of international employment law would be an advantage
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Experience working within the engineering, resource or consultancy sector(s)
- Experience of working in a multi-site organisation
- Qualified in psychometric assessment tools
You will be able to think strategically and logically and give sound HR advice based on the needs of the business. You will work effectively as a key support partner to Directors and Senior Leadership Team and will possess excellent interpersonal, communication and people management skills.
Pay and Benefits
Salary will be commensurate with knowledge, skills and experience. Benefits include:
- DC pension scheme – on a 2:1 ratio
- Life assurance
- Minimum of 20 days holiday per year, plus 3 additional days between Christmas and New Year
- Permanent health insurance
- Private medical insurance on a single basis
- Personal performance-related bonus
- Salary and bonus exchange Scheme
For further information on BMT Group, please visit their website: www.bmt.org
Who to contact / How to apply:
To apply please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com