BMT Canada Ltd. (BMT) is recruiting for a Senior Consultant.
We are an independent consultancy specializing in engineering, science and management services in the defence, energy and transports sectors.
We recruit talented individuals from Canada and around the world from new grad to seasoned pro.
Our passion for engineering excellence is contagious! Not only do we offer challenging and rewarding projects, we understand that flexibility is important in today’s business world. As a result we offer full-time and contracting options, as well as competitive compensation and benefits, training and development programs and an orientation program designed to welcome all team members with the same friendly enthusiasm!
The role is based in Ottawa, Ontario.
The preferred candidate will have experience with:
- Working within large complex projects, involving multiple stakeholders, shifting priorities, and significant budgets;
- Process improvement initiatives, either for a standardized certification body such as CMMI, or an internal process initiative involving changing the manner of work to achieve a new management objective;
- Working within the government environment either as a government employee or as a contractor working extensively with the government;
- Government agencies that could be considered for potential growth opportunities for our consultancy, or exposure to Canadian military activities such as procurement, deployment, maintenance, or operation;
- At least one professional organization, holding one certification; and
- Non-work community involvement, enrollment in professional associations, or other personal growth leadership roles.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Demonstrate their ability to lead program support activities, as well as getting into the details to help a client work through complex program issues;
- Demonstrate their ability to formulate plans and strategies, articulate them to others, and help others work through the details toward implementation;
- Take the initiative to implement the direction, strategy, and policies of the business;
- Maintain the highest standards of integrity and accountability; and
- Work within client environments.
The successful candidate should have:
- A Degree level qualification in a managerial or technical discipline;
- Level II (Secret) Security Clearance or the ability to obtain;
- Flexible leadership style;
- Ability to build and maintain an effective, business focused team;
- A track record of effectively managing business growth; and
- Expertise in a relevant senior consultancy or business leader role.
For further information on the application process and the benefits of working at BMT, please visit the careers section of our website at www.fleetech.com.
If you are interested in applying for the position, please submit as follows:
- “Senior Consultant” in the subject line
- A separate cover letter clearly outlining how your education, security clearance level and experience aligns with the requirements of the job. Cover letters submitted in the body of an email will not be considered.
- A resume outlining work experience and education
- Please name all files with your first and last name e.g., Sara Smith Resume.doc and Sara Smith Cover Letter.doc
Interested individuals are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
311 Legget Dr.
Kanata, ON K2K 1Z8
Attn: Human Resources
We are committed to employment equity. BMT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For further information on BMT Fleet Technology, please visit their website: www.fleetech.com