Intermediate/Senior Level Product Development Specialist /Mechatronics Engineer
BMT is recruiting for the position of Intermediate/Senior Level Product Development Specialist /Mechatronics Engineer.
BMT is a leading global, engineering consultancy operating in 10 markets working primarily in the maritime industry. Our customers buy cost-effective solutions to business problems that require technical excellence, independent thinking and innovation.
Structured as an Employee Benefit Trust, we employ over 1,500 staff worldwide; located in Europe, Asia Pacific and the Americas. Our combination of intellectual rigour, independence of thought and commercial insight helps us to play a vital role in industries as diverse as oil and gas, defence, renewable energy, ports, risk management, environmental studies and maritime transport.
Our Critical Infrastructure team, based in Vancouver offers consultancy services in mechanical, machinery, water and environmental engineering and scientific areas. The Vancouver office is expanding to deliver exceptional services to our clients and is currently seeking a Product Development specialist or Mechatronics Engineer to join our team and work to support the development of our mining products.
The position will initially be offered as contract position with a 3 month probation period. If successful it will be extended to a full time permanent position. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
The successful candidate will be tasked with software development and graphical interface design for the display of real time data related to automation and terrain mapping in the mining industry.
Reporting to the company Director and with minimal supervision, the successful candidate will adapt quickly to balance a variety of responsibilities regarding product development such as:
- Software development (Labview, C++, C Sharp, experience with Unity 3D Gaming Engine will be an asset)
- Product design and development
- Instrumentation specification, design, microprocessor programming, procurement and integration
- Terrain mapping/scanning using Lidar sensors
Proficiency with the following will be an advantage:
- National Instruments LabVIEW (highly desirable/essential)
- C++, C Sharp (essential)
- Unity 3D gaming engine software (highly desirable)
- Matlab and Simulink
- Computer networking and administration
- MS Office programs
This position may require domestic and international travel to remote sites and infrequent heavy lifting.
The successful candidate will have a combination of the following:
- A degree in computer science or Mechanical/Mechatronic Engineering.
- Eligibility for registration as a Professional Engineer in BC, or registration with a professional body would be seen as an asset.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to work in a team environment are essential.
- Fluency in Spanish and prior experience with mining and mining machinery will be advantageous.
For further information on the application process and the benefits of working at BMT, please visit the careers section of our website at www.fleetech.com.
If you are interested in applying for the position, please submit as follows:
- “Product Development Specialist /Mechatronics Engineer” in the subject line
- A separate cover letter clearly outlining how your education and experience aligns with the requirements of the job
- A resume outlining work experience and education
- Please name all files with your first and last name e.g., Sara Smith Resume.doc and Sara Smith Cover Letter.doc
Interested individuals are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to Charles.constancon@BMTGlobal.com
We are committed to employment equity. BMT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For further information on BMT Fleet Technology, please visit their website: www.fleetech.com
Who to contact / How to apply:
To apply please send a copy of your CV to charles.constancon@BMTGlobal.com