Sr. Production Engineer
BMT Designers & Planners is seeking a Senior Production Engineer to support U.S. Navy ships and systems program
BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. is a full-service technical and management consultancy. Clients include the federal government, domestic and international marine, environmental and safety companies. Our technical and managerial competencies include: Ship Design and Engineering Services; Reliability Centered Maintenance, Systems Safety and Logistics Support; Environmental and Energy Policy Formulation and Support, Human Factors Engineering and Applied Environmental Services. Our professional staff provides high caliber designs and engineering solutions, comprehensive test and evaluation analysis and management support services exceeding customer expectations. BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. is 100% owned by BMT Group. For further information on BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. please visit www.dandp.com.
BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. is a BMT Group Company. BMT Group is an international design, science, engineering, risk and program management consultancy, serving clients principally in the defense, energy and transport sectors. For further information on BMT Group, please visit www.bmt.org.
BMT Designers & Planners is seeking a Senior Production Engineer to support U.S. Navy ships and systems program. This role involves the design, development, implementation, and analysis of technical products and systems; performance of engineering design evaluations for a range of products; and recommendation of alterations to development and design to improve quality of products and/or procedures. The Production Engineer will lead and support activities including:
- Provide research, planning, budgeting, and execution of production support.
- Monitor, assess, and report on cost, schedule and technical performance of construction contracts.
- Coordinate and assist in preparation of production budget submittals, track funding documents and help manage budget allocations.
- Provide quality engineering services; Investigate production quality issues and generate technical reports of issues.
- Support the production readiness assessment process. Ensure work packages are developed to support accurate physical progressing and cost reporting.
- Provide Production Trial Card Management support.
- Track and coordinate compartment and system completion, acceptance and turnover efforts with the production test schedule.
- Conduct waterfront weld, piping and HM&E inspections. Analyze deficiencies, track and coordinate system construction and test.
- Provide shipboard Deck Machinery and Corrosion support. Compare "as is" condition to build specs and drawings to validate installation compliance. Analyze problems, perform inspections, and provide recommended solutions.
- Coordinate inspections and tests to complete required ship production certifications.
- Support Test Management and provide Test and Trials support for HM&E and Combat Systems
Work Location: Washington, DC
Candidates must be a US citizen with a DOD security clearance or employment is contingent upon obtaining a security clearance. Company will not provide work visa or relocation for this position.
- Master’s Degree and 8+ years of relevant experience OR a Bachelor’s Degree in engineering 10+ years of relevant experience
- Familiarity with naval production engineering standard concepts, practices and procedures
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a member of a multidisciplinary project team
- Proven ability to lead and direct the work of others
- Familiarity with MSC General Technical Requirements and Work Item Preparation Guide preferred
- Physically able to conduct shipboard investigations including speaking and walking without assistance, climbing ladders, lifting (up to 25 pounds) and maneuvering in confined spaces is required
BMT Designers & Planners enjoys a diverse professional staff and offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. Applicants must email resume, BMT Employment Application and Surveys with subject line "ENG 79" to HR@dandp.com or fax to 703-920-7177. Find employment application below. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. BMT Designers & Planners is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Affirmative Action Employer of M/F/Veterans/Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
For further information on BMT Designers & Planners, please visit their website: www.dandp.com
Who to contact / How to apply:
To apply please send a copy of your CV to HR@dandp.com
If you would like to have an informal discussion about this role prior to applying please contact:
Patricia Ghannam on +1 703 920 7070