Junior Production Engineer
BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. is seeking a Junior Engineer to support U.S. Navy ships and systems production and post-production planning and engineering program
BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. is a full-service technical and management consultancy. Clients include the federal government, domestic and international marine, environmental and safety companies. Our technical and managerial competencies include: Ship Design and Engineering Services; Reliability Centered Maintenance, Systems Safety and Logistics Support; Environmental and Energy Policy Formulation and Support, Human Factors Engineering and Applied Environmental Services. Our professional staff provides high caliber designs and engineering solutions, comprehensive test and evaluation analysis and management support services exceeding customer expectations. BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. is 100% owned by BMT Group. For further information on BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. please visit www.dandp.com.
BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. is a BMT Group Company. BMT Group is an international design, science, engineering, risk and program management consultancy, serving clients principally in the defense, energy and transport sectors. For further information on BMT Group, please visit www.bmt.org.
BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. is seeking a Junior Engineer to support U.S. Navy ships and systems production and post-production planning and engineering. This role involves the design, development, implementation, and analysis of technical products and systems; performance of engineering design evaluations for a range of products; and recommendation of alterations to development and design to improve quality of products and/or procedures. Engineering support tasks may include:
- Investigate production quality issues and generate technical reports of issues.
- Review and analyze ship production progress and cost/schedule performance.
- Support production readiness assessment.
- Provide production trial card management support.
- Conduct waterfront inspections, compare "as is" condition to build specs and drawings to validate installation compliance. Analyze deficiencies. Track and coordinate system construction and test.
- Provide Test and Trials support.
Post Production Engineering:
- Support post production planning and execution, including coordination of technical issues, review of work specs and engineering changes.
- Conduct ship checks to validate planned work package scope.
- Provide Post Delivery Trial Cards Management.
- Support collection, tracking, analysis and estimation of post-delivery cost and labor resource information.
- Provide production oversight and determine work efforts required for correction of identified deficiencies. Prepare work packages, validate plans by supporting ship checks, and assist in developing planning schedules.
Work Location: Washington, DC
Candidates must be a US citizen with a DOD security clearance or employment is contingent upon obtaining a security clearance. Company will not sponsor work visa or relocation for this position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering and 0-5 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of commonly used engineering concepts, practices and procedures
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills including strong technical writing and oral presentation skills required
- Demonstrated ability to work under general supervision both independently and as a member of a multidisciplinary project team
- Able to apply instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform assigned tasks
- Proven ability and organizational skills to complete multiple and sometimes complex detail-oriented projects and tasks on time
- Physically able to conduct shipboard investigations including speaking and walking without assistance, climbing ladders, lifting (up to 25 pounds) and maneuvering in confined spaces is required
- Action oriented, self-starter with a sense of integrity committed to actively contributing to individual and team growth
BMT Designers & Planners enjoys a diverse professional staff and offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. Applicants must email resume, BMT Employment Application and Surveys with subject line "ENG 87" to HR@dandp.com or fax to 703-920-7091. Find employment application below. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. BMT Designers & Planners is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Affirmative Action Employer of M/F/Veterans/Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
For further information on BMT Designers & Planners, please visit their website: www.dandp.com
Who to contact / How to apply:
To apply please send a copy of your CV to HR@dandp.com
If you would like to have an informal discussion about this role prior to applying please contact:
Patricia Ghannam on +1 703 920 7070