Availability Project Manager
BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. is seeking a part-time Availability Project Manager (APM) to support the US Coast Guard (CG)
BMT is a full-service technical and management consultancy. Clients include the federal government, domestic and international marine, environmental and safety companies. Our technical and managerial competencies include: Ship Design and Engineering Services; Reliability Centered Maintenance, Systems Safety and Logistics Support; Environmental and Energy Policy Formulation and Support, Human Factors Engineering and Applied Environmental Services. Our professional staff provides high caliber designs and engineering solutions, comprehensive test and evaluation analysis and management support services exceeding customer expectations.
BMT is an international design, science, engineering, risk and program management consultancy, serving clients principally in the defense and security, energy and environment, critical infrastructure and commercial shipping sectors. For further information on BMT please visit www.dandp.com.
BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. is seeking a part-time Availability Project Manager (APM) to support the US Coast Guard (CG). The position provides Hull, Mechanical and Electrical (HM&E) technical expertise, project management and quality assurance, and assist with materials planning for availabilities. In addition to technical expertise this position requires excellent listening and communication skills and a commitment to providing high caliber customer support with minimal/no oversight. Responsibilities include:
- Providing technical review and planning and managing availability repair contracts in accordance with CG Program Depot Maintenance Process and Procedures
- Providing project management support to CG small boat maintenance availability including reviewing work requirements, preparing government estimates and purchase requests
- Identifying parts/services required
- Write commercial, USN and USCG maintenance repair specifications
- Developing statements of work
- Leading multidisciplinary project team meetings
Work Location: Work at Home
Candidates must be US citizen with a clearance or ability to obtain a clearance. Company will not sponsor work visa or relocation for this position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related technical field or High School Diploma or GED and minimum 10 years’ experience in shipboard/small boat maintenance development, execution, and management required
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in the maritime field to include time billeted to ships, working in a shipyard environment, or working in the division of a company that primarily provides support to the maritime industry.
- Certified CG Availability Project Manager preferred
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a shipyard environment as a Port Engineer, marine inspector/surveyor, a ship superintendent, trade supervisor or leader, technical quality assurance inspector, or three years as a the Engineer Officer or Chief Engineer. Graduation certificate from the CG Port Engineer course, or commercial Dockmaster training course is highly desirable.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the management of Depot level (shipyard) maintenance ship and boat systems is required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience using CG or USNB logistics and federal acquisition tools
- Experience attending meetings and taking minutes, preparing detailed weekly and monthly financial and activity reports in accordance with CG standards required
- Experience complying with availability standards, policies and procedures requirements for the USCG or USN
- MS Office skills are required to write technical specifications and statements of work, create detailed weekly meeting minutes and monthly financial and activity reports and presentations required
- Demonstrated ability to independently investigate and resolve technical issues required
- Proven ability to listen and work with multidisciplinary team to facilitate consensus
- Strong organization, and communication skills and focused on completing detail-oriented tasks on time
- Proven ability and commitment to provide high caliber customer support to include anticipating and understanding needs, managing expectations and communicating results and/or challenges
- Confident action oriented, self-starter with a sense of integrity and actively contributes to building and expanding consultancy services
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working knowledge of commercial and military standards including US Coast Guard and US Navy Instructions. Familiar with US Coast Guard ship repair standards, policies and procedures and vessel assessments for the purpose of developing a planned availability work list required
- Experience in execution of Organizational-level (shipboard) maintenance on USCG or USN ship and boat systems is highly desirable.
BMT Designers & Planners enjoys a diverse professional staff and offers a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salaries. Interested candidates must email resume, BMT Employment Application and surveys with subject line "RCM 96” to HR@dandp.com or fax to 703-920-7091. Find application and surveys below. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. BMT Designers & Planners is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Affirmative Action Employer of M/F/Veterans/Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
For further information on BMT Designers & Planners, please visit their website: www.dandp.com
Who to contact / How to apply:
To apply please send a copy of your CV to HR@dandp.com
If you would like to have an informal discussion about this role prior to applying please contact:
Patricia Ghannam on +1 703 920 7070