Supportability Modelling Consultant
Who are we?
Our Asset Performance Services Business Line comprises specialists from across the entire range of disciplines needed to address a full-spectrum of engineering asset management issues.
Our services span the full lifecycle of ownership and blend enterprise-level consultancy, solving real-world business critical problems, with unmatched engineering analytical pedigree.
In this way we help our clients ensure at every stage, that goals for cost, performance, safety, supportability and legal compliance will be met.
We offer a competitive salary (based on skills and experience), contributory pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days holiday, Company Profit Share and Group Wide Profit Share, plus other benefits.
What’s the role?
As part of our plans for growth, BMT is seeking to recruit a Supportability Modelling Consultant for its Asset Performance Services business. This role will increase our capability and capacity in this area. The post will be based in either our Bath or Fareham office.
This role will involve undertaking supportability modelling tasks to influence system design and quantify logistics support requirements for effective through life support.
The ideal candidate will be capable of handling and understanding complex customer requirements and provide support to Defence clients and Industry partners to inform decision making.
A willingness to travel is essential for this role.
What are we looking for?
The successful individual will:
- Engineering or mathematics background;
- Good track record in repair analysis including Level of Repair Analysis (LORA), spares modelling and spares parts provisioning;
- Effectively manage the development of supportability models from requirement definition to model verification and validation;
- Excellent analytical skills with a systematic approach to problem solving and evaluating options;
- Ability to seek out and critique information/facts;
- Systematically manage large quantities of data;
- Effective communicator, with a strong ability and enthusiasm to present professionally through verbal and written communication;
- Additional modelling skills in all or some of the following will be beneficial:
- Availability, Reliability and Maintainability (AR&M) modelling;
- Discrete event simulation modelling e.g. optimising availability and cost;
- Whole Life Cost modelling.
- Using logistics models and modelling tools including OPUS 10 and SIMLOX;
- Pursuing the development of best practice techniques and tools;
- UK and international supportability standards;
- Good track record of accomplished goals and achievements.
Ideally, the successful individual will hold a degree, or equivalent, in an engineering discipline, and be proactive in managing their own professional CPD.
How to apply…
To apply for this role please apply below.
If you would like to have an informal discussion about this role prior to applying please contact Louise Lane on 01489533100
Who to contact / How to apply:
To apply, please use our online application form.