Cyber Security Risk Advisor
Who are we?
BMT provides independent technical expertise and consultancy. We offer concept design, asset management, programme management and technology services to customers in the defence, security, transport, energy and infrastructure markets. Our team thrive on tackling the most complex engineering and programme challenges, and are adept at blending capabilities from the entire spectrum of engineering disciplines to deliver enduring and value-adding solutions. As an Employee Benefit Trust, we are genuinely independent and have the freedom to put our people and our customers first.
We currently have a role within our cyber security team, primarily based in our office in Bath city centre.
What is the role?
We are recruiting for a Security Risk Advisor to join our growing cyber security team. We are looking for individuals who can provide advice to new and existing customers on identifying and handling security-related risks.
What are we looking for?
To be successful in the role you will preferably have the following;
- Experience of producing security risk assessments and providing security advice for a variety of systems and/or different customers
- Knowledge of relevant security standards, such as the government’s Security Policy Framework, MOD’s JSP440 or ISO27001, and experience of assessing compliance of systems against them
- Knowledge of a range of security risk mitigations
- Able to communicate effectively to stakeholders, both verbally and in writing
- An interest in working on a variety of projects across domains
- A commitment to continuous professional development
- It is desirable that candidates either hold, or are interested in working toward Senior CESG Certified Practitioner in the Security and Information Risk advisor role or ISO27001 lead auditor
Please note, due to security reasons this role is reserved for UK Nationals only & will be subject to security checks.
Why work with us?
At BMT, we appreciate the importance of having a solid development structure. We ensure that our people have access to the training and mentoring that they need to be the best at what they do. We constantly strive to improve our working environment as well as providing everyone with the tools and applications they need to do their roles effectively.
The wellbeing of the team is central to our success so workloads are managed effectively, we do not have a work late culture and our working hours are flexible. On top of this, we have a host of benefits designed to support our people such as additional holiday purchase, private medical cover and a personal development fund for gym/sports clubs or non-work related evening classes.
BMT is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst its workforce, to view our full policy please click here - https://www.bmt.org/careers/our-benefits/diversity-and-equality/.
How to apply…
Does this sound like you? If so, please visit www.bmtdsl.co.uk/careers to submit an online application.
To keep up to date with the latest BMT news, follow us on | | | .
Who to contact / How to apply:
To apply, please use our online application form.