The health, safety and wellbeing of our employees are top priorities at BMT. We strive to prevent harm coming to any of our staff members or others affected by the work we do, and to actively promote a positive culture of safety, health and wellbeing.
- Compliance with the law and other standards required by the industries within which we work
- Compliance with procedures designed for our safety, as a minimum
- Always acting in a safe and responsible manner
- Zero tolerance of unsafe practices – each person should feel able to challenge unsafe behaviour
- Consideration and respect for all those affected by our work
- Continual improvement in our management of H&S
While the company sets the policy and procedures, it is the responsibility of every individual to promote a safe and healthy working environment.
To demonstrate our commitment to H&S, BMT Group is accredited to the Health and Safety Management Standard OHSAS18001.2007 by LRQA. All operating companies within the group are encouraged to follow this lead and seek accreditation.